The Clear Lake Enhancement and Restoration (CLEAR) Project is a community-led project to improve the water quality of Clear Lake that has been underway since 1995. CLEAR Project sponsors include the Association for the Preservation of Clear Lake (APCL), the Hancock and Cerro Gordo SWCD's, the Cities of Clear Lake and Ventura, and Cerro Gordo County. The goal of the CLEAR Project is to ensure Clear Lake will remain north central Iowa's most valuable natural resource by sustaining a healthy ecosystem, achieving excellent water quality, providing unparalleled recreational opportunities, and continuing to be the economic engine for the local communities it serves both no and into the future.
• Raise awareness to watershed landowners/operators about the important role they play in lake restoration.
• Promote the instillation of best management practices within the watershed.
• Educate Youth about the importance of water quality.
• Educate lake users about stopping the spread of invasive species.
• Promote the successes of the lake restoration project and changes in water quality.
• Native Landscaping
• Bio-retention Cells
• Permeable Pavers
• Shoreline Stabilization
• Cover Crops
• Grassed Waterways
• Reduced Tillage